Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Grown Ass Proposals

Recently, whilst stumbling upon via stumbleupon.com, I stumblt upon this:
(the girl in front is the lucky lady)

And, sadly, this:

And it got me thinking, this being the beginning of summer, Mayhaps there are some Grown Ass Men out there who would appreciate some helpful suggestions for how to pop "the question". Well, I don't really feel like helping with that right now. Maybe later. Right now I'd like nothing more than to assist in areas far more mundane. What follows is a list of suggestions for popping other, less-consequential questions. Because nothing says "please" like melodrama, hilarity, or making a scene.

note: this is for entertainment purposes only. Please do not expect to get the thing you are asking for by employing any of these methods.

The Question: Will you help me move?
An adult male might create a Facebook event with all the details and invite his entire friends list.
A Grown Ass Man might hack two or three friends' Facebook profiles, and daily update their statii to reflect their excitement to help a brother out.

The Question: Can I date your sister/ex girlfriend?
You might try this delicate, 3 step process:
1. Seats behind home plate
2. First 5 rounds on you
3. Jumbotron

The Question: Can I borrow some money?
Try the Subliminal Message Guy approach. (Warning: Kevin Nealon gets slightly raunchy in this skit)

The Question: Are you gonna finish that?
Maybe go with an interpretive dance, throw in an inordinate amount of pointing both to your mouth and to the rest of that sandwich.

I hope this helps. I'm sure it does. If you have a particular question you'd like help asking, leave it in the comments and see what the community can come up with.

No comments: